Everything You Need to Know About the Yamaha FZ 25
Motorcycle manufacturing giants, Yamaha Motor India, recently launched the Yamaha FZ 25 in India, on the heels of the Auto Expo in February. The 250 cc juggernaut is being branded as the FZ 25 BS6, with several improvements over its predecessor, the Yamaha FZ, making it a must-have set-piece for motorbike aficionados. For those planning to purchase the Yamaha FZ 25 in Guwahati or any other Indian state, the features list may serve as further incentive to invest in this premium model.
Yamaha FZ 25 features:
- The FZ 25 gets a new projector headlamp with a bi-LED projector setup, which is an improvement over its predecessor.
- A sturdier and sleeker engine cowl.
- LCD instrument console
- Forward-mounted seat for a sporty riding position, and rear-seat foot-peg.
- It is available for buyers in two colour variants- Metallic Black and Racing Blue.
Those who are queuing up to book the FZ 25 in Guwahati or Calcutta, or anywhere else in India shall be happy to know that Yamaha meets a lot of muscle-bike lovers’ expectations with its five-speed gearbox, coupled with BS-6 compliant emission standards.
Yamaha FZ 25 hardware specifications:
- The Yamaha FZ 25 is powered by a 250-cc single-cylinder, 2-valve, fuel-injected motor, consisting of a SOHC for the intake and exhaust valves.
- The FZ 25 provides excellent shock absorption thanks to its frontal telescopic forks and a mono-shock at the rear.
- The bike is capable of generating a power output rated at 20.5 bhp at 8000 rpm, with peak torque clocking at 20.1 Nm at 6000 rpm.
- The model also boasts of anti-locking, dual disk brakes (282mm-front, 220mm-rear), and a dual-channel ABS. Even the side-stand comes with an engine cut-off switch.
FZ 25 Price in India
If you are contemplating whether you should book the FZ 25 in Guwahati or any other Indian state, then you will be pleased to know that the bike is available in the range of 1.34 lacs INR, approximately. At this price range, the FZ 25 is quite the steal, if you can get your hands on the keys to one. The bike has been being tested to provide excellent drivability in Indian traffic.
At this pricing, the FZ 25 is expected to compete head-to-head with the Gixxer 250 and the Dominar 250 from Suzuki and Bajaj, respectively. Based on which dealership you visit to book your model, you may have to put down an initial, token down-payment ranging between 3000–10000 INR. Buyers must take stock of the full set of hardware specifications that the model boasts of if they are displeased with the price.
- What upgrades can I expect in the FZ 25 BS6, over the BS4 variant predecessor?
The FZ25 BS6 can deliver 20.8PS and 20.1 Nm, which is 0.1PS beneath and 0.1 Nm more than its predecessor. As the name suggests, the 2020 upgrade certainly offers stricter emission control over the predecessor which adhered to BS4 emission standards. The all-digital instrument console with the digital display is also a newly incorporated feature.
- How many kilometres-per-litre can I expect the bike to provide?
FZ 25 BS6 can reportedly offer 43 kilometres-per-litre. One can go far as to say, that this makes the bike equally ideal for passionate, adventure bikers and daily commuters. Given the optimized fuel economy level and performance, the bike can be equally versatile for all types of riders.
- What can I expect from the model variants of the FZ 25?
FZ 25 in itself offers four variants, which can be distinguished from their paint-schemes and livery. The variants are being touted as the Standard and the MotoGP edition; with the Standard coming in a paint scheme of six colours while the MotoGP version sports a dual-tone of black and blue. The FZ 25 ABS variant is the cheapest of the lot, while the premium variant, FZ 25 S 25 BS6 is priced slightly higher and is poised to become available for bookings later in the year.
- Who is the bike ideally for?
As mentioned above, the bike is ideal for all kinds of riders. With a mere 152 kg mass, the bike is comparatively lighter than its competitive counterparts. The five-speed gear settings and 4-stroke single-cylinder engine further allow it to be handled equally dexterously across congested city lanes and open highways.
- When can I expect the Yamaha FZ 25 in Guwahati?
The highly anticipated model from the reputed manufacture is expected to go on sale in April. The model is also going to be available in a premium variant, labelled the FZS 25, in the latter half of 2020.
Hence, if you have been waiting for the successor to the FZ 25 BS with baited-breath, or simply planning to upgrade from your 150-cc present model, then you can safely bet on the FZ 25 BS6 from Yamaha to offer you good value for money.